GBCS is currently seeking to identify qualified applicants who would consider becoming a part of the GBCS faculty. Although our faculty and staff positions are filled at this time for the ’13 -’14 school year, we do keep resumes on file for two years in case of future availability. We would like to be in touch with educators with a passion for teaching and a desire to join the faculty of a school like Grace Christian Academy.
If you are currently teaching and considering a change or will be graduating by the spring of 2013, Applicants should submit their resume and other information requested to the attention of Mr. Eddie Fincher
You can be assured that your information will remain confidential.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is determined based upon degree and experience. GCA is very competitive and will work to recruit and fairly compensate quality teachers.
- Benefits include employee health insurance with optional dental, vision, and additional life insurance. Family or spouse coverage is also available.
- Tuition is discounted for all enrolled children.
- ACSI Certification support
How to Apply
The process begins by securing the necessary forms, which you can download from our website or obtain from our front office managers, Christine Roberts
for K5-12th Grade and Pam Covington
for Daycare & PreSchool.
GCA Faculty Requirements
Teachers employed by GCA in K5-12th grade must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for a teaching position. If you feel you meet these requirements and have an interest in being part of our faculty, please submit your resume, transcripts, and a brief biographical summary. You may also download an application and submit those with the resume. Please read the Christian Role Model Statement and the Statement of Beliefs in order to gain an understanding of who we are and what is expected of our staff and faculty. Daycare & PreSchool must meet training requirementsbut a degree is not required at this time.
Members of the faculty must be a Christian who can articulate a clear and Biblically consistent statement of their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Members of the faculty for K5-12th grade must hold at least a bachelor's degree in the subject area they are applying for.
- Applicants who apply to teach in an area outside of their degree must submit a transcript indicating they are “highly qualified” and have classroom experience teaching the subject/grade level.
- Members of the faculty must accept the school’s Statement of Faith without reservation or amendment.
- Members of the faculty must agree with and comply with the Christian Role Model Statement.
- Members of the faculty must be faithful attenders of Grace Baptist Church or a "like-minded" church.
- Applicants that apply for Daycare & PreSchool must have at least one year work experience in this age group.
- Members of the faculty will be required to submit to a criminal background check prior to consideration for employment.